The world is experiencing information overload. As such, traditional, text heavy ways of communicating have become redundant. Visual communication has exploded in popularity.
- Visuals are processed up to 60,000 times faster than text
- We remember 10% of written information. We remember 65% of visual information
- 50% of our brain is involved in visual processing
Being able to use hand-drawn graphics and words together to demonstrate ideas and communicate gives you a new language to work with.
This practical, hands-on workshop will show you how to:
- Draw whatever you like through learning to draw what you see, rather than what you think you see. Who really looks like a stick figure?
- Make rapid breakthroughs and kick out creative block once and for all
- Increase speed and productivity by learning how to simplify complex ideas
- Communicate with and present to key stakeholders more effectively with visuals
- Easily prototype an idea using design thinking principles
The workshop approach that focuses on three fundamental principles: vision, direction and confidence. These allow anyone who walks away from the workshop to express their thoughts visually.
Simon Banks is an emcee, speaker, facilitator and artist. He's the director of creative training company VisualFunk, known for running innovation hubs, conferences and training days to brew fresh thinking and develop market-leading ideas.
This masterclass is part of the UTS MBA in entrepreneurship. It is free but registration is required, follow the "attend" button above.